Home | Immigrate or Work | Immigrate to Saskatchewan


Regina, Saskatchewan (GMT-6:00)Beijing, China (GMT+8:00)Mumbai, India (GMT + 5:30)London, UK (GMT + 0:00)
PDF Print E-mail

Immigrate to Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

As a province of Canada, Saskatchewan has the authority to select candidates for immigration to its province. More than 70 percent of newcomers get to Saskatchewan by applying directly to the SINP and in most cases applications are processed within half the time of a Federal-only application.

There are three main categories which you, your spouse and your dependent family members, may qualify for to immigrate to Saskatchewan under the SINP.

1. Business and Farm Owners

If you are a proven successful business person and wish to actively invest or partner in a Saskatchewan business, you may apply under the Entrepreneur Program.

2. Skilled Workers

If you have experience and education as a skilled worker, professional or manager who has a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan employer, you may apply under the Skilled Workers category.

3. Family

If you have a close relative in Saskatchewan who is willing to provide settlement support, you may apply under the Family Member category.

If you are in Saskatchewan under one of the temporary work permit categories, you may apply for permanent residency status if you meet certain conditions.

  • Health Professions

Internationally-trained health professionals, who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a temporary work permit, may apply for permanent residency status under the SINP.

  • Hospitality Sector Pilot Project

If you are currently working in Saskatchewan in one of the following categories: Food/Beverage Server; Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper; or Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff, you may apply for permanent residency status under the SINP.

  • Long Haul Truck Drivers

If you are working in Saskatchewan for an approved trucking firm on a temporary foreign work permit after a minimum of six months, and receive a permanent job offer from an approved trucking firm, you may apply for permanent residency status under the SINP.

  • Students

If you are an international student and have graduated from a recognized, post-secondary educational institution in Canada and worked for at least six months for a Saskatchewan employer under a CIC post-graduation work permit in any field to apply for permanent residency status under the SINP.


One may also come to Saskatchewan to visit, study, work conduct business or live through the immigration categories of the Canada federal government.


Saskatchewan in the News