Home | Study | Study Permits


Regina, Saskatchewan (GMT-6:00)Beijing, China (GMT+8:00)Mumbai, India (GMT + 5:30)London, UK (GMT + 0:00)
Study Permits PDF Print E-mail

To study in Saskatchewan and Canada, a study permit or a temporary resident visa is required.


1. Investigate and chose a place to study. Note that some educational institutes will not take international students, and there are different tuition rates and language requirements.

2. Apply to the school for your course of study. Note that every school has different rules on how and when to apply.

3. If you are accepted by the school, the school will issue a letter of acceptance.

4. Complete the Government of Canada application for a study permit and submit it to the Canada visa office abroad. In addition to the letter of acceptance from the school, you will need other supporting documentation and pay a processing fee.

5. If you are approved, you will be issued a temporary resident visa and this will be in your passport, with entry and exit expiration dates.


Saskatchewan in the News